Posted On: Friday, March 11, 2022
Virginia Beach, VA
No remote option.
Part-time or Full-time, depending on the candidate.
The Billing Clerk gathers data, calculates fees, and creates prebills and invoices for billing purposes.
- Verifies accuracy of billing data, correcting any errors.
- Creates itemized statements, bills, invoices, and other necessary billing documents, which may require calculation of credit terms, miscellaneous charges, and discounts.
- Performs general bookkeeping work, which may include entering data and maintaining records, invoices, and supporting documents of amounts due for services rendered.
- Contacts clients to obtain, verify, and update account information when necessary.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Basic understanding of clerical and administrative procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
Education and Proficiencies:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree or vocational school training preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in PerfectLaw and QuickBooks.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
- Commensurate with experience.