Alex Johnson is a firm shareholder focusing his practice in the areas of wills, trusts, estate planning and administration, corporate and transactional law, real estate, and non-profit and tax exempt status representation.
Routinely assisting clients with estate planning and business succession matters, including corporate and real estate transactions, Alex specializes in counseling individuals in special needs planning and administration of estates and trusts.
Alex is a frequent speaker at the National Business Institute and Virginia CLE conferences. He is co-author of “Powers of Attorney, Minor Children, and Assets in Other Jurisdictions” in the Estate Planning in Virginia, Virginia Lawyers Practice Handbook.
- Virginia Bar Association, Wills, Trusts and Estates Section
- Best Lawyers in America, Trust and Estates, 2021-2023
- Coastal Virginia's Top Lawyers, Wills, Trusts & Estates, 2020-2023
- Tidewater Estate Planning Council, Board of Directors
- Meritas Estate Planning Section, Steering Committee
- Portsmouth Museums Foundation, Former Board Member
- Maryview Hospital Foundation, Former Board Member
- Chisholm Foundation, Former Board Member and Past President
- Virginia Stage Company, Former Board Member
- Virginia Horse Shows Association