Jeff Rosen is a firm shareholder who focuses his practice on civil litigation, local government, labor and employment, and insurance defense.
An experienced trial lawyer and former prosecutor, Jeff successfully defends claims regarding civil rights violations, medical malpractice, wrongful death suits against Virginia sheriffs and regional jails, and excessive force claims against law enforcement. Jeff represents state and local governments and their employees in cases involving constitutional violations, employment discrimination, defamation, and tort claims against cities, towns, school boards and regional authorities.
He is a former Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney and a frequent lecturer for the Virginia Sheriff’s Association and the Virginia Association of Regional Jails on issues relating to law enforcement, employment law and correctional medical issues. Jeff is also an instructor at the Hampton Roads Law Enforcement Training Academy
Jeff has defended over 350 cases alleging Civil Rights and Title VII employment discrimination claims, including claims of wrongful death, excessive force, police shooting and failure to provide adequate medical care to prisoners.
He has obtained favorable outcomes for Virginia sheriffs, regional jails, state and local governments and the insurance industry in both federal and state court. He has over 63 reported federal and state cases, and he has appeared before the Supreme Court of Virginia and United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit on numerous occasions.
- Local Government Attorneys Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Defense Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation and Litigation-Labor & Employment, 2023
- Virginia Super Lawyers, 2015 - 2023
- Virginia's Legal Elite, Health Law, 2016 & 2017
- Coastal Virginia's Top Lawyers, Civil Law Litigation, 2021-2024
- Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education Committee, Past Chairman
- Norfolk Middle School Mock Trial Program, Coach
- Continuing Legal Education Committee, Past Chairman