Jeff Wilson is a Pender & Coward attorney focusing his practice in the areas of labor and employment, litigation, eminent domain and right of way, and local government.
Jeff began his legal career in Dallas, Texas, representing and counseling companies in employment-related matters. Since returning to Virginia, he has expanded his practice to include complex and general commercial litigation, civil rights, intellectual property and eminent domain cases.
Before going into private practice, Jeff served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Jackson L. Kiser, U.S. District Court Judge for the Western District of Virginia, and worked in the Office of Staff Counsel for the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jeff is a frequent National Business Institute guest speaker lecturing on employment and privacy-related topics including:
- Dealing with the Troubled/Troubling Employee
- Utilizing Alternative Dispute Resolution Tactics in Employment Matters
- Workplace Behavior and Privacy Issues
- Investigative Research: Public Records and Publicly Available Information
- Lawfully Managing Student Records Without Violating Privacy Rights.
- Avoiding the Employee Retaliation Trap - March 2017
- The Importance of Carefully-Worded Job Descriptions - March 2016
- Protection From Day One: The Importance of Employee Handbooks - February 2016
- The Department of Labor’s Proposed Overtime Changes - August 2015