Legal Assistant - Real Estate Processor
The Virginia Beach office of Pender & Coward is seeking an experienced Real Estate Processor. Ideal candidate must be a team player, willing to work on-site, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Act as a liaison between clients and the attorneys by maintaining communications via email, telephone and in person.
- Analyze title requirements and closing documents, coordinate with agents or clients on files to obtain requirements for preliminary submission to lender or assistance in preparation of loan documentation.
- Gather information from all parties in the transaction (i.e. buyers, sellers, other title company/law firm).
- Maintain stringent deadlines.
- Handle client follow-up regarding status of closings, appointments, billing, etc.
- Communicate with clients, realtors, and lenders daily.
- Draft deeds, closing disclosures, necessary affidavits and legal documents needed to close real estate transactions.
- Perform a variety of other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Pay is commensurate with experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Able to work autonomously or in a group.
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion, adapt to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of client service and response.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- College degree a plus
- Microsoft Office and Soft-Pro proficiency required.
- Real Estate experience of at least 2 years preferred.