Patrick Maurer, a Pender & Coward shareholder and Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, focuses his practice in the areas of family law, entertianment law as well as criminal and traffic law.
Patrick represents clients in divorce, property settlement agreements, child custody matters, pre-marital agreements and other domestic and family law cases. He also represents clients who have been charged in criminal and traffic matters including DUI, and domestic assault. Previously serving as Senior Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney in Virginia Beach and Danville, he has a broad range of trial experience handling serious and complex matters.
He is a frequent speaker at conferences and continuing legal education seminars regarding domestic and family law matters.
Represented numerous clients through complex divorce matters involving child custody, visitation, disposition of business and personal assets, as well as support.
Represented clients charged with felonies and misdemeanors including DUI, domestic assault and traffic matters.
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow
- Virginia Bar Association, Vice Chair of Domestic Relations Section Council
- Virginia State Bar, Board of Governors for Family Law section
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- I’Anson Hoffman American Inn of Court
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Coastal Virginia's Top Lawyers, Adoption, Marital & Family Law, 2016
- Coastal Virginia's Top Lawyers, Criminal Defense, 2016